Do you want to unite hoops fans across the globe? Are you professorial in the international language of basketball? Do you want to help spread the world’s growing passion for the game?
Then SLAM has the perfect job for you.
SLAM has an immediate opening for a web internship at the SLAM Dome in New York City. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to the web ONLY. Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, basic HTML and major social media platforms is preferred. The internship would require coming to our office two days a week (Mondays and Wednesdays), plus being ready to work remotely (including weekends).
WHAT YOU’LL GET
• Experience: You will have all the tools to learn how to be a great editor, planner and communicator.
• Exposure: If you’re interested in a career in basketball media, SLAM is an excellent place to start.
• College credit: Available to those who qualify.
• Vetting and editing blog submissions.
• Corresponding with blog contributors.
• Expanding SLAMonline’s network of contributors.
• Developing SLAM’s social media properties.
• Posting news items.
To apply, tell us…
• What makes a person fall in love with the game for life?
• Your ideas for connecting with those who care and appreciate the game of basketball.
• A few words about yourself. (Please note, due to legalities we can’t hire minors.)
• SLAMonline commenter username (if available).
• Twitter handle (if available).
• Your contact info.
• Any questions you may have.
Do NOT include…
• Resumes, writing samples, CVs, PowerPoints or any other attachment.
An email that thoroughly addresses the above is all that’s necessary. Those hung up on becoming SLAM’s next great blogger should not apply. Writing skill grants no advantage.
We apologize, but we will not respond to everyone. You’ll hear from us if we’re interested, and thanks in advance!
To apply, please send us an email with the word Intern in the subject to: slam.web.internATgmailDOTcom. Do not contact any editor directly.