By now, you’ve seen the LeBron X. But probably not like this. Today, Nike officially introduces LeBron James’ tenth signature sneaker, as only he and the Swoosh can. The shoe is available now all around the globe. Check out the introductory video and photos above, and more details straight from Nike, below:
Inspired by the creation and beauty of a diamond, the metaphoric comparisons run parallel to James’ career. Diamonds form between the earth’s crust and super-heated core, where intensity changes the structure of carbon over time. Under extreme pressure and temperature carbon then becomes diamonds.
Heat, time and pressure are three things James has faced and act as the shoe’s inspiration. Although a refined diamond is beautiful, it takes work to get there – it starts as a dull rock. Over time, it gains clarity and sharpens with multiple facets.
Each colorway of the LEBRON X has a unique story. The blue diamond colorway is symbolic of the blue tint diamonds gain from interaction with electricity, which can be paralleled to James’ electric style of play. The cutting Jade colorway is inspired by the Chinese art of cutting jade using diamonds. The story continues throughout the season with multiple colorways linked to the diamond.
The technical benefits also include a lock-down fit, excellent cushioning on impact, and a lightweight feel. The very first full-length visible Nike Zoom unit, dynamic Flywire technology, Hyperfuse construction and Nike+ Basketball all bring the shoe to entirely new heights.
LEBRON X Key Technical Details:
– Hyperfuse construction on the upper is a composite of lightweight synthetic materials and mesh that are fused together to create a nearly seamless, one-piece upper that is lightweight, breathable, supportive and durable
– Flywire technology is strong yet dynamic and lightweight, providing an adaptive fit and excellent lockdown through the midfoot
– Mesh tongue and a full inner sleeve provide breathability
– Molded diamond shapes on the tongue add comfort
– Asymmetrical collar is cut higher on the medial side for support and lower on the lateral side for enhanced flexibility and comfort
– Diamond inspired detailing on the upper celebrates the tenth anniversary of LeBron James’ partnership with Nike
– Full-length, visible Nike Zoom unit allows low-profile, maximum cushioning with a soft and responsive feel under the entire foot
– Lightweight Phylon midsole provides ultra-lightweight cushioning and comfort
– Solid rubber outsole provides durability and traction for a variety of surfaces
– A modified herringbone pattern enhances multidirectional traction