So far, the NBA is only considering two New York locations for the 2015 All-Star Weekend, making it a virtual lock that either the Knicks or Nets will host the festivities. As for 2016, Toronto has thrown its hat in the ring. Per the NY Times and Toronto Sun: “Both Madison Square Garden and the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn have applied to host the 2015 game, Commissioner David Stern said Saturday. No other cities are currently under consideration, making it a near certainty that New York will host the game. It also ensures that the revived Knicks-Nets rivalry will take on a new dimension as the franchises compete for one of the N.B.A.’s biggest honors. ‘This is terrific,’ Stern said, referring to the dueling New York applications.’ [...] Toronto likely will face competition in the form of the Cavaliers. The franchise has interest in getting the game back for the first time since 1997, either in 2016 or 2017. Silver said he was in Cleveland last week and said ‘we would love to return to Cleveland.’ The 1997 game featured a presentation where 49 of the NBA’s top 50 players were celebrated. Under previous ownership, MLSE had interest in hosting the all-star weekend, but it was believed the Air Canada Centre and the city did not have enough space to host such a large event. MLSE COO Tom Anselmi said those concerns no longer apply. ‘(The) ACC is fully qualified, the Raptors are ready, the city is ready, it will be great,’ he said.”