The NBA Social Media Awards are back with a new format this year. Lang Whitaker breaks it down on the All Ball Blog:
This year brings a new “10 in 10” format. For the first time, NBA Digital will present 10 social media awards in 10 categories over the course of 10 consecutive days with fan voting across NBA.com, Twitter and Facebook.
Voting is live now, with one Social Media Award winner being declared each day following a 24-hour polling cycle. This year’s awards will be divided into a variety of categories recognizing NBA players and teams and the best social activity across social engagement. This year’s categories will include:
• Best Vine/Video – Friday, June 13
• Selfie Award – Saturday, June 14
• Best Hashtag – Sunday, June 15
• LOL Award – Monday, June 16
• “AWW” Award – Tuesday, June 17
• Best #TBT – Wednesday, June 18
• Social Rookie – Thursday, June 19
• Best Post – Friday, June 20
• Team Social MVP – Saturday, June 21
• Social MVP – Sunday, June 22
While the voting for Best Vine and the Selfie Award are closed, Best Hashtag is still going on.