Who’s in Your Top 10?
A group of SLAM writers and editors list their favorite college bball players.
10. Jason Rowe/Damone Brown/Julius Page, Buffalo: Shoutout to my three favorite D1 hoopers from my hometown Buffalo.
9. Chris Paul, Wake Forest: The only college ball player in the past 10 years that I actively dug and followed.
8. Khalid El-Amin, UConn: I was a big dude that liked to get busy on the court…but my busy was only so busy. So, I lived vicariously through Khalid.
7. Alonzo Mourning, Georgetown: Favorite player for my favorite college program of all time.
6. Larry Johnson, UNLV: Gold tooth, middle-part, nasty game, second favorite college team of all-time.
5. Jalen Rose, Michigan: Magic’s my favorite athlete of all-time, so I had a thing for big point guards. Jalen was a big point guard, with a big mouth on my favorite collegiate squad of all-time.
4. Chris Jackson, LSU: Saw him on the cover of SI his freshman year in a purple LSU sweatsuit and some dope, Air Maxs (i think), read Curry’s piece calling him the best collegiate scorer since Pistol Pete, then checked the next televised game. He dropped 40+ with crazy verve.
3. Sherman Douglas, Syracuse: The General — along with Magic — is, perhaps, the chief reason for my love affair with the point guard position.
2. Allen Iverson, Georgetown: No one was ever this dynamic, plus, I was a teenager and enjoyed the “us against the establishment” vibe I got rooting for him, his story and his game.
1. Kenny Anderson, Georgia Tech: The most virtuosic performer I ever saw grace a college court.