LeBron and Blake Griffin go on a Booze Cruise.
11) Do the Celtics’ Big Three have enough left in the tank for one more run at it with the added depth and size?
For Celtics fans (and Laker haters), it’s sickening to think about what might have been last year with a healthy Perk in Game 7… or even either one of the O’Neal brothers (Shaq and Jermaine). They definitely have what it takes for another run and we think they’ll have a date in South Beach when the Eastern Conference Finals commence.
12) Is Josh McRoberts this year’s biggest sleeper fantasy starter?
Dook does not exist. Now THAT is a real fantasy.
13) Is it true that Stan Van Gundy and Scott Skiles share co-writing credits on Kanye’s “Runaway”?
It definitely sounds like the result of every nitpicking basketball coach pouring out his soul. “I’m so gifted at finding, what I don’t like the most…”
14) Which of ESPN/Marvel’s comic collabos is the best representation of the team pictured?
We like the Jordan/Bobcats cover, but the Cleveland joint is probably the most appropriate. We can see Cleveland fans rocking Cee-Lo’s “Eff You” while staring at that image. Portland’s is wishful thinking for real… they really do need those cyborg parts
Good luck with that… The Pistons still have not won a title since Mehmet Okur left, so maybe that is whom needs to be cloned.
16) Is Tim Gunn concerned about the new adidas uniforms?
Full on, finger to glasses, hand on hip, head tilted, forehead furrowed concern. We will not give a final ruling until we see more games, but so far we are not liking the look of it. From the brief interview shots we have seen, they look like cheap practice jerseys… but maybe those were practice interviews!
17) What’s good with uniform changes this year?
As insinuated above, all 30 teams are getting new technologically advance jerseys, courtesy of adidas. The uniforms are said to be 30 percent lighter, dry twice as fast, and are 60 percent made from recycled materials. So even if your team did not change their design, you will notice their unis look slightly different. Our favorite design changes this year are the new (old) Golden State and Utah unis. Both brought back elements of old school logo favorites. We have hated the orange element to the Warriors’ unis ever since it was introduced an would have been happy enough with it’s removal alone. The city/bridge logo is just icing on the cake. No other team made any drastic changes, with the Clip Joint, T-Wolves, Cavs and Mavs all making minor tweaks.
18) Over the past several seasons Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington and DeShawn Stevenson, among others, have raised training camp eyebrows with new tattoos… who is drawing attention this year?
Others: Paul Pierce inks forearm with “The Truth“
19) Any hair changes? Other physical appearance updates?
The only thing we have for you is that Rajon Rondo is headband-less, at least in the pre-season. A shocking development. Oh, and sorry to bring him up again, but Blake Griffin has ‘froed it out, a taste.
20) Which players are the most physically ready for the season?
You know what it is, you know how it is… Always Dwight Howard. Always Ray Allen. And while we are talking Dwight Howard…
21) Hey, Ms. Mailroom Supervisor, which of your H.O.N.nies (Heartthrobs Of The Night), are you most looking forward to seeing this year?
LeBron for sure – new city new vibe… Gilbert Arenas is always a H.O.N. but his questionable behavior has put him on my bad side… Lamar Odom is gaining popularity because of Kardashian love, but I still wouldn’t name a child after him… I need to watch some of the season to get some new blood on this list.
22) Dwight Howard and Hakeem video… comment.
A lot of guys can do a lot of things in the gym, guarded by ghosts and cheered on by their entourages. The Dream was executing the moves smoother than Howard and is 4X years old and averaged 7.1 ppg 10 years ago. Howard can still take things to another level on the skills side of things, but that’s easier said than done. Unless there was a brain transplant on the night of Day 3 of those training sessions, we are not buying in.
23) So who will win the title?
Heat in 6. Over the Lakers.
FREE MANNY HARRIS!!!… If anybody can hook us up with a recording for Foolish doing “Belle Isle Man” on the WJLB morning show, we will be forever in your debt… The Kings’ DeMarcus Cousins, or the Spurs training camp participant, Marcus Cousin?… So if they are both starting, that definitively means Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye are not the same person?… With Allen Iverson signing in Turkey, have we seen his last NBA hurrah? Let’s hope not. We need a little more, A.I…