21 Questions: November Sky High
The glory of a new season is upon us…with more questions than answers.
If it was good enough for 50 Cent and Nate Dogg, I’m pretty sure it’s exceptionally sufficient for SLAMonline. Regardless of music, 21 Questions with San Dova is taking the task of asking those nebulous questions that seem to revolve around the force of gravity we know to be the NBA. Check for the preguntas at the top of every month or so.
5. Even though Los Angeles Clippers point guard Baron Davis is a remarkable talent and looks like he’s in very solid condition, isn’t the fact that he’s not in the driver‘s seat to enter the Hall of Fame sort of make him out to be a disappointment?
6. Can you imagine Don Nelson coaching the Minnesota Timberwolves? They’re all small and power forwards — perfect!
7. Why in the name of Mike are the San Antonio Spurs wearing V-neck collar trim on their jerseys? That’s never been a part of the design, and it’s messing up the aesthetic tradition.
8. Doesn’t “90210″ actor Evan Ross (of “ATL” fame) look a lot like Shannon Brown?
10. Shouldn’t we all be giving Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden a chance to actually try to put his health and his play together before incorrectly judging him as a failure based on injuries that are unrelated to each other?
11. Don’t the Toronto Raptors seem like some weird NBA version of limbo or purgatory?
12. What is the point of the Utah Jazz having essentially two primary logos, both of which are completely different?
14. For all of Gilbert’s mistakes and my empathy for his having received a harsh crash course in “Reality & Naivety 101″, why do I have the urge to want to somehow give a little blame to DeShawn Stevenson (who has had absolutely nothing to do with Agent Zero’s behavior), based solely on his own craziness?
15. Shouldn’t the Hawks either play Josh Smith at center or trade to get a better-fitting 5-man and subsequently m
ove Al Horford to power forward this year?
17. Not that this matters a bunch, but why is New York Knicks forward/center Amar’e Stoudemire‘s grandiose announcement and then corresponding silence regarding his ethnic (?) and/or faith-based/religious (?) Jewishness so perplexing?
19. What’s the over/under for years for the Chicago Bulls being serious title contenders again? — 2 years? 4 years?
20. If I were to say that I believe Spurs point guard Tony Parker will be a 2010-11 NBA MVP candidate, how crazy would you think I am?
21. Will Allen Iverson and any of the 30 NBA teams ever come together at a happy compromise on minutes, money, and mutual contentment for each other’s services in the future?
Sandy Dover is a novelist/writer, artist, and fitness enthusiast, whose work has been featured in Robert Atwan’s “America Now,” USA Today’s UWire, Yahoo!’s Associated Content, and now in Buckets magazine (as a senior writer). You can find Sandy frequently here at SLAMonline, as well as at Facebook and Twitter.