Quantcast
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 at 2:19 pm  |  18 responses

Polladaday: Lakers’ Playoff Run?

The Lakers began the ’11-12 postseason with an impressive set of victories. How long can they ride their current momentum for?

How far will the L.A. Lakers go in the Playoffs?

Loading ... Loading ...

  • Add a Comment
  • Share
  • RSS

Tags: ,

  • http://Roosterteeth.com Caboose

    LakeShow, did you vote 10 times? XD

  • http://juan.garcia@computershare.com Miami Joe

    They’re playing my Heat.

  • http://slamonline.com LakeShow

    Ahahhahahahhahaha. Nope. Just once for the Champs bubby!

  • http://Roosterteeth.com Caboose

    Haha I honestly have no idea how far they’ll go. I think it’s the same chance they lose in the 2nd round as winning the chip.

  • IAMORANGE4EVER

    I voted for a 2nd round exit…I don’t see the Lakers getting past the Thunder in the 2nd round, even if the Mavs push them 7 in the first round and the Lakers are chilling waiting on them after sweeping the Denver Nuggets.

  • IAMORANGE4EVER

    HOWEVER, I give the Lakers an elbows chance of winning the West.

  • IAMORANGE4EVER

    Come to think of it, if the Lakers sweep the Nuggets, they’ll still be without Artest for the first 2 games of the second round, because Artest will have only served 5 games of his suspension in that scenario. The Lakers might be better off if they don’t sweep the Nuggets, and the series goes 6 games, because then Artest will be back in time for the 2nd round. If I’m a Lakers fan, I’d not be upset if the Nuggets manage to squeak out a couple victories.

  • http://www.facebook.com/joe.l.brewer3 BlackPhantom

    I’m surprised this many people think we’re winning the championship. I’m not saying I don’t think that’ll happen, but I thought we were underdogs for sure.

  • Mike From Spain

    What would need to happen for the Lakers to get past the Thunder? Maybe the Lakers can contain the Thunder in half-court if the bigs provide the kind of help D that Bynum showed in game 1 against Denver, but Durant will still be a problem and the transition defense against the Thunder is difficult. Jordan Hill could prove useful for transition defense for stretches of the game. If Kobe almost matches Durant’s production, LA’s bench steps up to be halfway decent, and Mike Brown finds a way to check RWs penetration, it will all be down to how badly can Gasol / Bynum destroy Ibaka / Perkins (if at all). A lot has to work at the same time for LA to win the series, it should be no cakewalk for the Thunder if LA play right.

  • http://juan.garcia@computershare.com Miami Joe

    The Mamba will keep RW in check.

  • Mike From Spain

    If Kobe keeps RW in check (giving him the jumpers, though not too open, for about 6 of 20) and has enough energy to shoot to the tune of 12/26 and 6-8 FT for 30 – 35 points with Thabo Sefolosha and Harden in front, that would be not bad at all for an old man :) I think this is the kind of numbers that would have to happen in that particular match-up for the Lakers to stand a chance. If RW shoots high % anyway, or if Kobe is too tired to keep it up and shoots inefficiently (7 – 8 of 26, things like that), then the Lakers don’t stand a chance IMO.

  • 602Shorty

    The idiots who voted were Lakers fans. Clearly they thought it said who do you ‘want to win’ rather than ‘who will win’.

  • http://Roosterteeth.com Caboose

    I give Lakers a 40% chance making it past OKC, a 60% chance past Dallas, and a 10% chance past San Antonio.

  • http://slamonline.com nbk

    smh

  • http://google c_cantrell

    Did people really vote them the champs? Silly idiots.

  • Mike From Spain

    i don’t see the lakers making it past the spurs but to call people idiots is a bit harsh… perhaps delusional in basketball matters is more to the point

  • http://abcnews.com charliewinning

    Idiots in basketball matters suits them just fine.

  • iknowmybasketball

    laker fans think every year is their year… if their starting lineup was luke walton, scalabrine, darko, jamaal maglorie and kobe there will be that one idiot that will bet his life savings against the miami heat in a 7 game series. the rest will just spam you with comments that kobe puts the team on his back relentlessly lol

Advertisement