The Knicks had exuded an increasing confidence they can hold off the free-agent courtships of Chicago and Houston and were further encouraged with Anthony’s desire to talk to Gasol about New York, sources said.
The Knicks have a core of leadership, including president Phil Jackson, coach Derek Fisher and point guard Jose Calderon, who have strong history and relationships with Gasol, and those factors would have to play a part in overcoming the fact the Knicks can pay Gasol only the taxpayer’s exception starting at $3.28 million annually.
For now, Chicago and Oklahoma City are the most intriguing destinations to Gasol, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Report: Carmelo Anthony Wants Pau Gasol on the Knicks
- Wizards Name Tommy Sheppard General Manager
- Mavericks Waive Kostas Antetokounmpo
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Tom Thibodeau’s Player Development a ‘Slap in the Face’
- Pacers Agree To Deal With Justin Holiday
- NBA Veteran Kosta Koufos To Become Highest Paid American In EuroLeague
- Magic Agree To Re-Sign Amile Jefferson On One-Year Deal
- Erik Spoelstra: ‘This is a Really Important Summer for Dion Waiters’
- SLAM 223 Is On Sale Now 🏆
- Cam Reynolds Agrees To Two-Way Deal With Bucks
- Tobias Harris: ‘We’re for Sure at the Top in the East’
- Nike Files Countersuit Against Kawhi Leonard
- Pacers Agree To Deal With Amida Brimah
- Shaquille Harrison, Bulls Agree To One-Year Deal
- Mike D’Antoni: Houston ‘One of the Favorites in the West, if Not the Favorite’
- Dwight Howard Thanks Kobe Bryant for Calling Him ‘Soft’
- Spencer Dinwiddie Says Kyrie Irving Discussed Joining Nets in December
- Thunder Could Keep Chris Paul For The 2019-20 Season.
- Shaquille O’Neal: ‘I Would Teach Those Guys How to Beat the Superteams’