“There are still details that need to be resolved at the local level in Milwaukee.
The team needs to work out a land sale with Milwaukee County and get approval for the downtown arena from the Milwaukee Common Council. Bucks officials have said that the remaining pieces could be assembled in time for construction to start in the fall.
Walker included $220 million in state borrowing for the arena in the budget he proposed in February.
But his fellow Republicans who control the Legislature took the measure out of the budget and reworked the deal with some input from Democrats.
The revised deal includes $250 million in contributions from the state, city and county of Milwaukee, and a special arena and entertainment district. Building the arena is expected to initially cost $500 million, with half coming from the public and half from the owners and former U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl, the team’s previous owner.”
Governor Signs Bill to Fund Milwaukee Bucks’ Arena
- Olympic Cancellation Rumors Could Take Pressure Off NBA
- Mavs Consider Preseason Games Close to Home For Luka Doncic
- Kendrick Nunn On 2020 NBA Rookie of the Year Award: ‘I Feel Like I Should’ve Won’
- Jarrett Allen On James Harden Trade: ‘I Would Do It, I’m Not Going To Lie’
- Sale of WNBA’s Atlanta Dream ‘Close to Being Finalized’
- Caris LeVert: ‘This Trade Could’ve Saved Me In The Long Run’
- Nikola Jokic’s Teammate Believes He’s a Hall of Fame Talent
- NBA World Reacts to Collin Sexton Spoiling Nets’ Big 3 Debut
- James Harden On Round Two With Kevin Durant: ‘We Were Young In Oklahoma City, We’re Grown Me...
- Steph Curry on James Wiseman: ‘I Used To Get Benched For Acie Law”
- Victor Oladipo: ‘I Know That Better Days Are Ahead For The Houston Rockets’
- Delonte West Is Working At Rehab Facility He Attended
- John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins Confronted James Harden In Team Meeting
- CJ McCollum Fractures Left Foot, To Miss At Least 4 Weeks
- Kyrie Irving Purchases Home for Family of George Floyd
- Report: Cavs Plan to Trade or Release Kevin Porter Jr.
- Rafael Stone on Victor Oladipo: ‘Your Hope Is It’s A Perfect Marriage’
- Sixers Thought They Had A Done Deal With Rockets For James Harden