“There are still details that need to be resolved at the local level in Milwaukee.
The team needs to work out a land sale with Milwaukee County and get approval for the downtown arena from the Milwaukee Common Council. Bucks officials have said that the remaining pieces could be assembled in time for construction to start in the fall.
Walker included $220 million in state borrowing for the arena in the budget he proposed in February.
But his fellow Republicans who control the Legislature took the measure out of the budget and reworked the deal with some input from Democrats.
The revised deal includes $250 million in contributions from the state, city and county of Milwaukee, and a special arena and entertainment district. Building the arena is expected to initially cost $500 million, with half coming from the public and half from the owners and former U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl, the team’s previous owner.”
Governor Signs Bill to Fund Milwaukee Bucks’ Arena
- John Wall Unlikely To Play During 2019-20 Season
- Tim Duncan To Join Spurs’ Coaching Staff
- RARE AIR: Kia Nurse Is Living Out Her Dream with Jordan Brand
- Wizards To Offer Bradley Beal Max Extension
- LaMelo Ball TORCHES Drew League with Unlimited Range! 🎯
- Chris Paul Exclusive Workout at CP3 Elite Camp in North Carolina! 🔥
- Trae Young Drops 31 Points in Drew League Debut! 🤯
- Kyree Walker Wants all the SMOKE! 💨 Dream Vision vs. Urban Elite!
- Lakers Claim Kostas Antetokounmpo Off Waivers
- ‘Gonna Look Like a Travel But It’s Not’: James Harden Working on New Move
- Kyle Korver, Milwaukee Bucks Agree To One-Year Deal
- Bucks Agree To Two-Way Deal With Frank Mason III
- Wizards Name Tommy Sheppard General Manager
- Mavericks Waive Kostas Antetokounmpo
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Tom Thibodeau’s Player Development a ‘Slap in the Face’
- Pacers Agree To Deal With Justin Holiday
- NBA Veteran Kosta Koufos To Become Highest Paid American In EuroLeague
- Magic Agree To Re-Sign Amile Jefferson On One-Year Deal