Results of the always-fun annual survey of NBA rookies are out, and the newest batch of NBAers think Jahlil Okafor will take home the Rookie of the Year Award.
— NBA.com (@NBAcom) August 19, 2015
Survey categories include: Rookie of the Year pick? | Best career? | Biggest draft steal? | Most athletic? | Best shooter? | Best defender? | Best playmaker? | Funniest rookie? | Toughest adjustment to NBA? | Favorite player in NBA?
The incoming youngsters were quizzed at the Panini Rookie Photo Shoot earlier this month.
Who will be the 2015-16 Rookie of the Year?
1. Jahlil Okafor, Philadelphia — 41.9 percent
2. Stanley Johnson, Detroit — 19.4 percent
3. Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota — 12.9 percent
T-4. Emmanuel Mudiay, Denver — 9.7 percent
D’Angelo Russell, L.A. Lakers — 9.7 percent
Others receiving votes: Willie Cauley-Stein, Sacramento; Trey Lyles, Utah
Last year: Jabari Parker — 52.8 percent.
Which rookie will have the best career?
1. Jahlil Okafor, Philadelphia — 24.1 percent
2. Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota — 17.2 percentT-3. Justin Anderson, Dallas — 13.8 percent
Emmanuel Mudiay, Denver — 13.8 percent
5. Stanley Johnson, Detroit — 8.0 percent
6. Sam Dekker, Houston — 6.9 percent
Others receiving votes: Willie Cauley-Stein, Sacramento; Bobby Portis, Chicago; Kelly Oubre, Washington; Kristaps Porzingis, New York; D’Angelo Russell, L.A. Lakers; Rashad Vaughn, Milwaukee
Last year: Jabari Parker — 45.9 percent.
Who is your favorite player in the league?
1. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City — 21.2 percent
2. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers — 18.2 percent
3. LeBron James, Cleveland — 15.2 percent
T-4. Stephen Curry, Golden State — 9.1 percent
Dwyane Wade, Miami — 9.1 percent
6. James Harden, Houston — 6.1 percent
Others receiving votes: Anthony Davis, New Orleans; Kevin Garnett, Minnesota; Marc Gasol, Memphis; Rudy Gay, Sacramento; Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio; Klay Thompson, Golden State; Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City
Last year: Kevin Durant — 25.0 percent.