NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How To Enter: Beginning 5/15/07 through 6/30/07, you may submit an original design for the official “SLAM 2007 All-American Team” baseball cap by mailing your design to: SLAM/New Era Contest, c/o SLAM, 1115 Broadway, 8th floor, NY, NY, 10010. Contest requirements: The design must be original and consist of a baseball cap design on a 59Fifty cap template (shown in this ad and available online @ www.slamonline.com) and include the following: the words “2007 SLAM All-American Team” and the New Era logo. The design must be clean and legible. You must include your full name, address, age, and telephone number on the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (also available online @ www.slamonline.com). Limit one entry per person. Entries must be submitted via mail to: SLAM/New Era Custom Cap Design Contest, c/o SLAM, 1115 Broadway, 8th floor, NY, NY, 10010. All entries must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2007 to be considered. The winning design will be featured in an ad in the December, 2007 issue of SLAM. All entries must be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights.
2. Judging Criteria: Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Entries will be reviewed by a select committee of SLAM Magazine staff and New Era Cap Co. staff (“judges”) and the winner will be selected based on equal measures of originality and creativity and the use of the required criteria as stated. The Contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsors. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Potential winners will be notified by mail on or about July 1, 2007. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all entries received.
3. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): one (1) Grand Prize winner will receive (a) one dozen (12) hats of the winning design to be given to the winning designer (b) a one-year subscription to SLAM Magazine. New Era has no obligation to produce for retail sale and will own the copyright on the winning design. No other prizes will be awarded. ARV value is $500.00. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize.
4. General Rules: Open only to residents over eighteen (18) years of age, or residents under the age of eighteen (18) years of age with parental consent, of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. Employees of SLAM Magazine, Harris Publications, PRIMEDIA Specialty Group, Inc., (collectively “Sponsors”) and each of their respective shareholders, employees, parents, directors, officers, affiliates, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, and New Era Cap Co., (also part of the collective “Sponsors”), their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All materials submitted become the sole property of the New Era Cap Company and will not be returned. Each contestant acknowledges that he/she will not claim any right, title, or interest in or to the materials submitted hereunder or any elements thereof. Each contestant irrevocably assigns to New Era Cap Company any rights the contestant may have to the submitted materials. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except that the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Sponsors and their agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsors, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims, issues, and liability arising out of use of prize or preparation for and participation in this promotion. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions. Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of postmark, or return of notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
5. Winners List: The prize winners name will be available in the December 2007 issue of Slam Magazine.
6. Sponsors: Sponsors of this Contest are SLAM Magazine, PRIMEDIA Specialty Group, Inc., 1115 Broadway, 8th floor, NY, NY 10010, and New Era Cap Co., 160 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14202.