Syracuse Recruit Chris McCullough Enrolls at IMG Academy

by December 09, 2013

After having been dismissed from Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, New Hampshire) about three weeks ago, highly-touted senior center Chris McCullough has found a new home down south in Florida at IMG Academy. Below is the official announcement from the school:

“IMG Academy has announced that Chris McCullough, the No. 1 overall player in New York, No. 16 overall prospect in the class of 2014 (according to, ESPN and 247Sports), and Syracuse Orange signee, has enrolled.

“Chris is a young man with limitless potential, and we are excited to provide him with an opportunity to continue his development at IMG Academy” remarked Kenny Natt, Director of Basketball, IMG Academy. “Our goal is to help him ready himself to excel on and off the court at the next level.” Natt is a former NBA player and head coach.

The 6-foot-9, 220-pound power forward hails from Bronx, N.Y. McCullough signed with Syracuse University during the early signing period, choosing the Orange over the likes of Indiana, Kansas, UCONN and Florida State. He joins IMG Academy this month, playing on the post-graduate team alongside forwardKerem Kanter, younger brother of the Utah Jazz’s Enes Kanter, and guard Eric Cooper, Jr., a University of Nevada signee.

“I am looking forward to this new opportunity at IMG Academy  to help me get ready for everything I will face in college,” said McCullough. “I plan on taking full advantage of the great coaching and training resources here.”

IMG Academy annually delivers 98% of its graduating class (the remaining 2% historically take the professional path) to top higher-learning institutions, including dozens of Top-100 schools as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. Nearly 60% of IMG Academy graduates each year matriculate to D-I universities (less than 6% of student-athletes nationally play sports at the D I, II, or III level).”