We’ve summarized what Chicago Bulls fans can expect from their squad in terms of salary cap space this offseason. Below you’ll find lists of the players expected back on the roster, the team’s potential free agents and a number of insights about questions the franchise will face before the 2021 campaign.
In addition to a summary for each of the 30 teams (accessible in the link grid below), we’ve also tiered the top NBA free agents league-wide and published a general comparison of all teams’ cap space. Follow @SLAMnewswire on Twitter for constant offseason updates as we head into free agency.
Projected Roster Players
|Wendell Carter Jr.||$5,448,840||Guaranteed|
|Otto Porter Jr.||$28,489,239||UFA, PO|
Projected Free Agents
|Kris Dunn||$16,044,021||Cap Hold – RFA|
|Shaquille Harrison||$2,205,705||Cap Hold – RFA|
|Adam Mokoka||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – RFA, 2W|
|Max Strus||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – RFA, 2W|
|Denzel Valentine||$10,132,706||Cap Hold – RFA|
2020 NBA Draft Picks
|2020 Pick #4||$7,068,360|
|2020 Pick #44||No Cap Hold|
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception – $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception – $3,623,000
Key Offseason Decisions
- Will Kris Dunn sign his qualifying offer or work out a long-term deal? Dunn’s Qualifying Offer is for $7.1M. If he signs it, he’d be an unrestricted free agent in 2021. He’s found a place as a defense-minded wing, so he may still have a future in Chicago.
- Will Lauri Markkanen sign a contract extension? If Markkanen doesn’t sign an extension this offseason, he’ll be eligible for restricted free agency this summer.
- How does a new front office view holdover free agents Shaq Harrison and Denzel Valentine? Both have been in and out of the rotation over the years with the Bulls. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see either back or both gone.
Projected Team Salary
Otto Porter Jr. is a lock to pick up his $28.5M player option. There was a point where it looked like the Bulls might have let Kris Dunn walk but his play now necessitates them giving him a qualifying offer to retain his restricted rights. There are a few teams with cap space who could make Chicago sweat an offer sheet but anything reasonable and the Bulls will match. Because they will already be over the cap, Chicago is probable to keep their rights for the other restricted free agents as well. (@KeithSmithNBA)
Cap Space Forecast
-$35,049,894 (11th out of 30). $19,212,330 under the Luxury Tax.