“Today, I can say for almost certain, 98 percent, that I won’t play any more (for Argentina),” the 37-year-old said in an interview with the Buenos Aires daily La Nacion published on Saturday.
The NBA has an agreement with the sport’s world governing body FIBA which stipulates that only players and not clubs can refuse their country’s invitation to play for the national team except for a “reasonable medical concern.” […] The Spurs invoked this clause to prevent Ginobili from playing for Argentina in Spain at the tournament starting on Aug. 30 because of lingering effects of his injury.
Ginobili said he normally does not feel any pain but “when I jump, push or brake on the parquet (floor) is when it starts hurting. […] “If I’d played this tournament it would have been the last, that’s sure… It’s hard and it always will be to retire from this (Argentina) team,” said Ginobili, a member of his country’s so-called golden generation.
Manu Ginobili ‘98% Sure’ International Playing Career is Over
- Joakim Noah To Work Out With Clippers
- BIG3 Star Andre Emmett Killed In Dallas
- Brooklyn Nets Unveil NBA’s First Gray Court
- Houston Rockets Roster Count: 2019 Training Camp
- Rockets Owner ‘Kinda Surprised’ By Carmelo Anthony’s Exit
- The ‘Citrin’ Yeezy Boost 350 V2 is Now Live on StockX
- The ‘Cloud White’ Yeezy Boost 350 V2 is Now Live on StockX
- Jimma Gatwech Is Entering 2020 NBA Draft?! 😱
- Larry Brown: Pistons Said They Were Drafting Carmelo Anthony in 2003
- NBA Board Of Governors Passes New Provisions On Tampering, Traveling
- Mavericks Sign Yudai Baba
- Hawks To Add Tahjere McCall To Training Camp Roster
- The “Game Royal” AJXII is Now Live on StockX
- SHAQ’S KIDS GOT GAME! 😤 Shareef and Shaqir O’Neal Are High-Flyers!
- Rockets To Sign Thabo Sefolosha
- Detroit Pistons Roster Count: 2019 Training Camp
- Houston Rockets GM: ‘Yes. We’re Favorites’
- Doc Rivers: Clippers Knew ‘Oklahoma City Wanted to Break Their Team Up’