“Today, I can say for almost certain, 98 percent, that I won’t play any more (for Argentina),” the 37-year-old said in an interview with the Buenos Aires daily La Nacion published on Saturday.
The NBA has an agreement with the sport’s world governing body FIBA which stipulates that only players and not clubs can refuse their country’s invitation to play for the national team except for a “reasonable medical concern.” […] The Spurs invoked this clause to prevent Ginobili from playing for Argentina in Spain at the tournament starting on Aug. 30 because of lingering effects of his injury.
Ginobili said he normally does not feel any pain but “when I jump, push or brake on the parquet (floor) is when it starts hurting. […] “If I’d played this tournament it would have been the last, that’s sure… It’s hard and it always will be to retire from this (Argentina) team,” said Ginobili, a member of his country’s so-called golden generation.
Manu Ginobili ‘98% Sure’ International Playing Career is Over
- James Harden On Round Two With Kevin Durant: ‘We Were Young In Oklahoma City, We’re Grown Me...
- Steph Curry on James Wiseman: ‘I Used To Get Benched For Acie Law”
- Victor Oladipo: ‘I Know That Better Days Are Ahead For The Houston Rockets’
- Delonte West Is Working At Rehab Facility He Attended
- John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins Confronted James Harden In Team Meeting
- CJ McCollum Fractures Left Foot, To Miss At Least 4 Weeks
- Kyrie Irving Purchases Home for Family of George Floyd
- Report: Cavs Plan to Trade or Release Kevin Porter Jr.
- Rafael Stone on Victor Oladipo: ‘Your Hope Is It’s A Perfect Marriage’
- Sixers Thought They Had A Done Deal With Rockets For James Harden
- Luka Doncic Passes Michael Jordan on All-Time Triple-Double List
- Bam Adebayo: ‘We Didn’t Play To The Miami Heat Culture’
- Damian Lillard Challenges Teams To Be ‘More Disciplined’ With COVID-19 Protocols
- Victor Oladipo Would Still Like To Play For Miami Heat
- Danny Ainge on Potential James Harden Trade: ‘The Price Was Really High For Us’
- Institut de Sport Dynastie Is The Go-To Program For French-Speaking Hoopers
- Ben Simmons ‘Ecstatic’ To Not Be Traded For James Harden
- P.J. Tucker Garnering Significant Trade Interest