We’ve summarized what Milwaukee Bucks fans can expect from their squad in terms of salary cap space this offseason. Below you’ll find lists of the players expected back on the roster, the team’s potential free agents and a number of insights about questions the franchise will face before the 2021 campaign.
In addition to a summary for each of the 30 teams (accessible in the link grid below), we’ve also tiered the top NBA free agents league-wide and published a general comparison of all teams’ cap space. Follow @SLAMnewswire on Twitter for constant offseason updates as we head into free agency.
Projected Roster Players
|Robin Lopez||$5,005,350||UFA, PO|
|Wesley Matthews||$2,692,991||UFA, PO|
Projected Free Agents
|Sterling Brown||$2,023,150||Cap Hold – RFA|
|Pat Connaughton||$2,239,965||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Kyle Korver||$1,620,564||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Frank Mason||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – UFA, 2W|
|Cam Reynolds||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – UFA, 2W|
|Marvin Williams||$1,620,564||Cap Hold – UFA|
2020 NBA Draft Picks
|2020 Pick #24||$2,193,480|
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception – $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception – $3,623,000
Key Offseason Decisions
- Will Giannis Antetokounmpo sign a super max extension? Antetokounmpo is eligible to sign a super max (10+ years of service tier) that would start with the 2021-22 season. He may choose to play things out and become an unrestricted free agent in 2021. If so, he’ll be one of the most anticipated free agents of all time.
- Will Robin Lopez ($5M) and Wesley Matthews ($2.7M) pick up their player options? Matthews had a nice season as a 3&D starter on the wing. Lopez was in and out of the rotation in the playoffs as the backup to his brother.
- Will Milwaukee guarantee Ersan Ilyasova? Ilyasova has been a key reserve for the Bucks for years now. $7M is a fairly healthy number for a fourth or fifth big though.
Projected Team Salary
While the Bucks have more immediate roster decisions for the 2021 season, everything comes down to Giannis Antetokounmpo signing a super max extension or not. One thing he reportedly asked Milwaukee ownership to do in a postseason meeting was to commit to spending money for a contender. The Bucks are just $8.2M under the luxury tax. To improve the roster to get to Finals contention, Milwaukee may need to dip into the tax. Also, look for the Bucks to guarantee Ersan Ilyasova, as his $7M would be a nice piece towards salary-matching in trade talks. (@KeithSmithNBA)
Cap Space Forecast
-$32,219,475 (10th out of 30). $8,206,492 under the Luxury Tax.