We’ve summarized what Utah Jazz fans can expect from their squad in terms of salary cap space this offseason. Below you’ll find lists of the players expected back on the roster, the team’s potential free agents and a number of insights about questions the franchise will face before the 2021 campaign.
In addition to a summary for each of the 30 teams (accessible in the link grid below), we’ve also tiered the top NBA free agents league-wide and published a general comparison of all teams’ cap space. Follow @SLAMnewswire on Twitter for constant offseason updates as we head into free agency.
Projected Roster Players
|Mike Conley||$34,502,132||UFA, PO|
|Rayjon Tucker||$1,517,981||$340,000 Guaranteed|
Projected Free Agents
|Jarrell Brantley||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – RFA, 2W|
|Jordan Clarkson||$20,156,200||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Emmanuel Mudiay||$1,620,564||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Justin Wright-Foreman||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – RFA, 2W|
2020 NBA Draft Picks
|2020 Pick #23||$2,284,800|
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception – $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception – $3,623,000
Key Offseason Decisions
- How quickly can the Jazz sign Donovan Mitchell to a max extension? Utah messed around with Gordon Hayward and it ultimately cost them when they had to match an offer sheet. They won’t make the same mistake with Mitchell. He’ll likely get a full, five-year max offer as soon as Utah can make it.
- While Utah sign Rudy Gobert to an extension or let him reach free agency in 2021? The Jazz can sign Gobert to a near-max extension this offseason. He’s an annual contender for Defensive Player of the Year and a key member of the team alongside Donovan Mitchell.
- Which of the five partial/non-guaranteed players stick? The most likely scenario is that all five of them are back with the Jazz, at least to start the 2021 season. All had moments and all are on minimum deal. That will probably see them back in Utah.
Projected Team Salary
Mike Conley is going to pick up his player option. That removes almost all of the intrigue from the Utah offseason. It’s all about Donovan Mitchell’s rookie scale extension and then a possibly extension for Rudy Gobert. If Gobert isn’t interested in locking in long-term, then a trade becomes possible. At that point a relatively quiet offseason could become an exciting one really quickly. (@KeithSmithNBA)
Cap Space Forecast
-$38,652,720 (12th out of 30). $17,976,946 under the Luxury Tax.