You might remember a couple of years ago there was video surfacing around the web of a teenager in the Philippines that had apparently “dunked on” LeBron James at a Nike promotional event in Manila. Although he didn’t quite dunk on the king, more like by him, he became an instant star in his home country and now looks to do the same in the United States after recently moving to Los Angeles. Kobe Paras, who was named after Lakers star Kobe Bryant, recently moved to Cali and is now hooping at Cathedral HS in downtown LA while reportedly living with a host family. Despite only being a junior, the 6-6 forward has already accepted a scholarship offer to UCLA. Looks like there might be a new Kobe that will soon dominate the basketball chatter in LA.
New Kobe in Town: UCLA-Commit Kobe Paras (VIDEO)
- Patty Mills Leads Australia Past Team USA in World Cup Exhibition Game 🇦🇺
- Dwight Howard To Sign With Lakers After Grizzlies Buyout
- Trae Young & John Collins Team Up at USA Basketball! 👀
- Hawks Ink Marcus Derrickson To Exhibit 10 Deal
- Potential 2019-20 NBA Court Designs Leaked
- Phoenix Suns Roster Count: 2019 Training Camp
- Dennis Smith Jr Goes OFF at Remy Runs! 😈
- The ‘Bone White’ Yeezy 500 is Live on StockX
- Kemba Walker, Donovan Mitchell And Marcus Smart Named Leaders Of Team USA
- Several Teams Interested In Trevor Booker
- T-Wolves GM: Andrew Wiggins Has ‘Got to Be a Main Contributor’
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: ‘I Am Not Russell Westbrook’
- De’Aaron Fox Says His Otherworldly Speed is ‘Kind of Natural’
- James Harden Says Media ‘Narrative’ Cost Him the MVP Last Season
- Montrezl Harrell: ‘There’s Going to Be a Lot More Stuff You’re Going to See This Year̵...
- Kemba Walker Leads Team USA Past Australia
- Boston Celtics Roster Count: 2019 Training Camp
- Damian Lillard: ‘What is the Challenge or the Fun’ in Joining a Superteam?