As the only ‘B’ level team to compete in the Bronx borough public school championships, Fannie Lou Hamer HS, led by head coach Marc Skelton, has shown it can compete. The program has made the city’s Final Four in three of the last four years—winning it all in 2013. This season, they went 26-3, going undefeated at home before falling short in the city semifinals. Nonetheless, the program proved it can put together another successful season, with the small South Bronx school and its tiny gym, which were the subject of a New York Times feature last summer, already looking forward to the next one.
South Bronx’s Fannie Lou Hamer High (VIDEO)
The tiny New York school puts together another successful season.
- Bradley Beal on 2022 Option: 'I Want To Win'
- NBA Players Push for Jan. 18 Season Opener
- Bucks, Pacers Discussed Oladipo Trade
- Michele Roberts: Players’ Response To Dec. 22 Start Has Been Negative
- Mavs, Heat Made Run at Danilo Gallinari At Trade Deadline
- Anthony Edwards’ College Coach Compares Him To Dwyane Wade
- Teams Preparing for Possibility of Free Agency Starting 2-3 Days After Draft
- Report: 2021 NBA All-Star Game Unlikely
- Some Teams, Players May Have Already Begun Negotiating
- Disney Searching For Actors to Play Young Giannis Antetokounmpo in Film
- No Guarantee That Gordon Hayward Picks Up Player Option
- Trail Blazers Introduce Bold New City Jerseys for 2020-21
- Hawks Shopping No. 6 Pick For Proven Talent and Playoff Push
- Steve Nash On Upcoming Season: ‘We’re Playing For a Championship’
- Danny Green on a December Start: ‘I Wouldn’t Expect to See LeBron There’
- The Social Change Fund Partners with Chopra Global to Provide Support for Teachers
- Mavs Eye Trades to Add Pivotal Third Star
- Rockets Tab Mavs Assistant Stephen Silas as Next Head Coach