In the summer of 2005, then-teenagers Kevin Durant (#42, black), Blake Griffin (#34, white), Ty Lawson (#1, black) and NFL player Sam Bradford all converged on the same hardwood as the DC Blue Devils went up against Athletes First of Oklahoma in an AAU tournament in Las Vegas. Durant, a rising 12th grader at the time, finished with a game-high of 29 points, while Griffin, who was only a 10th grader, ended up with 15. Both showed glimpses of what would later become two illustrious careers and future top-2 NBA Draft picks. Peep the video above from BallisLife to check out this classic tape, especially that dunk KD flushed on Griffin in the first 20 seconds.
WATCH: Kevin Durant vs Blake Griffin In HS
In the summer of 2005, the two NBA All-Stars faced off at an AAU tournament.
- Wizards Name Tommy Sheppard General Manager
- Mavericks Waive Kostas Antetokounmpo
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Tom Thibodeau’s Player Development a ‘Slap in the Face’
- Pacers Agree To Deal With Justin Holiday
- NBA Veteran Kosta Koufos To Become Highest Paid American In EuroLeague
- Magic Agree To Re-Sign Amile Jefferson On One-Year Deal
- Erik Spoelstra: ‘This is a Really Important Summer for Dion Waiters’
- SLAM 223 Is On Sale Now 🏆
- Cam Reynolds Agrees To Two-Way Deal With Bucks
- Tobias Harris: ‘We’re for Sure at the Top in the East’
- Nike Files Countersuit Against Kawhi Leonard
- Pacers Agree To Deal With Amida Brimah
- Shaquille Harrison, Bulls Agree To One-Year Deal
- Mike D’Antoni: Houston ‘One of the Favorites in the West, if Not the Favorite’
- Dwight Howard Thanks Kobe Bryant for Calling Him ‘Soft’
- Spencer Dinwiddie Says Kyrie Irving Discussed Joining Nets in December
- Thunder Could Keep Chris Paul For The 2019-20 Season.
- Shaquille O’Neal: ‘I Would Teach Those Guys How to Beat the Superteams’