Almost a decade after the city of Seattle saw Shawn Kemp leave the Super Sonics, the name has once again found itself back on the court and in conversation among basketball fans in the area. This time, though, is due to his 15-year-old son putting in work at the high school level. A 6-6 sophomore forward at Garfield HS in Seattle, the younger Kemp has been showing potential. Having reportedly received an offer from Montana while also some early interest from the Washington Huskies, Jamon is only one year into his high school career. Touted for his long arms, passing abilities, versatility and being a slasher, we can only expect for his game to continue rising over the next three years. Check out the video above from Courtside Films to peep his performance this past summer in the AAU circuit.
WATCH: Shawn Kemp’s 10th-Grade Son, Jamon, Shows Potential
The son of the six-time NBA All-Star is already receiving interest from colleges.
- Gordon Hayward is ‘Back to No Restrictions’
- PJ Tucker: ‘It’s Time for My Extension Right Now’
- De’Aaron Fox: ‘I Don’t Crave to Be in a Big Market’
- Scottie Pippen Talks Basketball in China, Signature Sneakers and More
- Lakers To Work Out Several Free Agent Big Men
- THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED: RJ Hampton Is Blazing His Own Trail to the NBA
- 2019 NBA Rookie Survey Results Revealed
- Jeremy Lin On Beijing Rumors: Nothing Is Official Until I Say Something
- Donovan Mitchell: ‘I Got Drafted Because of My Defense’
- SLAM Summer Classic, Vol 2 Was Legendary 🤯
- D-Wade Watches Bronny James & Zaire Wade’s DEBUT with Sierra Canyon!?
- Dwight Howard: ‘I Don’t Know What’s Going to Happen, But I Do Love L.A.’
- Wizards Working Toward Deal With Justin Anderson
- #NYvsNY Championship Recap
- Dwight Howard Emerges As Option For Lakers At Five
- De’Aaron Fox Withdraws From Team USA Ahead Of FIBA World Cup
- Malachi Richardson Signs Deal In Israeli League
- Rayjon Tucker Signs Exhibit 10 Deal With Bucks