Merry Xmas, Sneakerheads
Nike unveils the shoes that KD, Kobe and LeBron will wear on the 25th.
(From our friends at Nike)
Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Kevin Durant will all be wearing limited-edition Christmas Day colorways of their signature sneakers which will be available at retail the following day, December 26th.
The special footwear will be unveiled on-court as Lebron and the Miami Heat play Kobe and the LA Lakers in what’s sure to be a Christmas Day classic, while the Denver Nuggets will match up against Durant and the OKC Thunder on the 25th.
“SIGNAL YOUR COLOR”
LEBRON 8 V.2 CHRISTMAS DAY “RUN ON RED”
* Lebron will debut his second signature sneaker of the 2010-11 season, the LEBRON 8 V.2, in the “Run on Red” Christmas Day colorway against the Lakers on the 25th. Designed to be leaner and lighter as Lebron progresses into better basketball shape mid-season, the entire upper is made of Flywire and mesh technology making it 1oz lighter than the LEBRON 8 V.1 he has been wearing throughout the season thus far.
* The LEBRON 8 V.2 Christmas Day release will be available at retail starting on Dec. 26, 2010. Additional colors of the LEBRON 8 V.2 will launch at retail on Jan 8, 2011 for $160.00.
THE KD III CHRISTMAS DAY “NO YIELD FOR YELLOW”
* The Christmas Day KD III “No Yield for Yellow” colorway will be worn on-court against the Denver Nuggets on the 25th. Other details of the KD III signature shoe include five lightening bolts on the outsole to represent his team, piano keys near the heel and midfoot of the outsole representing KD’s love of music and the BF62 repeat pattern on the outsole is a nod to the game where KD put up 62 points at Barry Farms in his home town of DC.
* The KD III is available at retail for $88.00
NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI CHRISTMAS DAY “GREEN MEANS GO”
* The Christmas Day KOBE VI will be worn on-court in green with red laces against Lebron and the Miami Heat. A low-profile shoe that weighs in at just 10.6 ounces in a men’s US 9, the KOBE VI is one of Nike Basketball’s lightest shoes. In order to provide a custom fit, the shoe features a Dual Density sockliner that molds to the shape of your foot and works in tandem with the heel counters for added stability and comfort.
* The Nike Zoom KOBE VI Christmas Day shoe will be available at retail and online at www.nikestore.com on December 26, 2010 for $130.00. The KOBE VI will also be available for customization at www.NikeiD.com beginning on December 24, 2010.