Trade Deadline Live Updates
A round-up of all of today’s player movement.
by Peter Walsh / @goinginsquad
After days, weeks, months and in some cases a full year of speculation on whether players will be moving to new homes, the NBA trade deadline is here and all rumors will be either be debunked or proven true by the end of the day. GMs and their management teams have been working through the night to either better their teams for the stretch run or free up cap space for next season and journalists have been working equally as hard to get the scoop. The wire has already been hot with trades and rumors so keep it locked here all afternoon as we’re here to talk, answer questions, comment, and keep you up-to-date on all the day’s happenings.
UPDATE 3:25 P.M. EST
• CBS Sports reporting that the Knicks have traded Ronnie Brewer to the Thunder for a future second-round pick.
UPDATE 3:08 P.M. EST
• Y! Sports reporting that the Bobcats have traded Hakim Warrick to the Magic for Josh McRoberts.
• Y! Sports reporting that Orlando will send Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith to Milwuakee as part of Redick deal.
• ESPN is reporting that the Hawks have traded Anthony Morrow to the Mavs for Dahntay Jones.
UPDATE 3:04 P.M. EST
• Y! Sports is reporting that Milwaukee will receive Doron Lamb, Tobias Harris and Beno Udrih in Redick deal.
• Y! Sports also reporting that Josh Smith WILL NOT be traded.
UPDATE 2:48 P.M. EST
• Y! Sports reporting that the Magic have sent J.J. Redick to the Bucks. Details to come.
• According to Ric Bucher, the Hawks have pulled out of a deal that would have sent Josh Smith to the Bucks.
UPDATE 2:49 P.M. EST
• Magic beat writer, Joshua Robbins is reporting that the Magic are working on a 3-way trade which would include Redick.
UPDATE 2:38 P.M. EST
• CBS Sports reports that San Antonio is trying to move Dejuan Blair before deadline but have no takers.
• ESPN reports that the Pacers are out of the hunt for JJ Redick.
UPDATE 2:30 P.M. EST
UPDATE 2:00 P.M. EST
• ESPN reports that Toronto has traded Hamed Haddadi to the Suns for Sebastian Telfair.
UPDATE 1:54 p.m. EST
•Y! Sports reports that the Heat has sent Dexter Pittman to the Grizzlies for a second round pick.
UPDATE 1:46 p.m. EST
• David Aldridge reports that Wizards guard Jordan Crawford will be traded to the Celtics. No word on who the Wiz are getting in return.
UPDATE 1:35 p.m. EST
• David Aldridge reports that Grizzlies hope to use trade exception before deadline.
• Y! Sports reporting a trade discussion between the Celtics and Wizards involving Jordan Crawford and Fab Melo.
UPDATE 1:32 p.m. EST
• USA Today reports that Houston is no longer in the running for Josh Smith.
• Yahoo! reports a deadline deal for Timofey Mozgov is unlikely.
UPDATE 1:03 p.m. EST
• CBS Sports reports that there’s a “strong chance” that JJ Redick stays in Orlando.
• CBS Sports reports the Wizards are “waiting this one out” with Jordan Crawford.
• NBA.com reports the Clippers are unlikely to make a deadline deal.
UPDATE 12:50 p.m. EST
• The Spurs have yet to find a landing spot for DeJuan Blair, according to Yahoo!.
• ESPN reports that Portland is seeking a first-round pick for JJ Hickson and finding no takers.
• CBS Sports reports a deal sending Josh Smith to Milwaukee is unlikely to include Monta Ellis.
UPDATE 12:26 p.m. EST
• USA Today reports Orlando is prepared to hold on to JJ Redick, though the Pacers, Bucks and Sixers still in the mix for hm.
• Yahoo! reports the Spurs have “fallen short” in their efforts to get JJ Redick.
• The Bulls aren’t moving Carlos Boozer and are unlikely to do anything, according to ESPN.
UPDATE 12:14 p.m. EST
• The Free-Press reports the Pistons are unlikely to move Jonas Jerebko.
• ESPN reports the Pistons are out of the running for JJ Redick.
• The Wizards have talked to the Celtics and Mavs about a Jordan Crawford deal, according to USA Today.