After the successful inauguration of the Under Armour Brandon Jennings Invitational at the beginning of the year, SLAM is proud to return as a sponsor of the marquee showcase in 2012. Next week, we’ll be featuring a detailed preview of the event, providing in-depth analysis of every team and notable players expected to partake in the festivities. In addition, SLAM will be on hand in Milwaukee, WI for live coverage of the games. For now, check out the announcement from our friends at Under Armour:
The 2nd Annual Under Armour Brandon Jennings Invitational will be held on January 7 in Milwaukee, WI at Marquette University High School. The event features eight of the nation’s top high school basketball teams and some of the country’s best players.
In addition to high-level competition that will take place on the court, players will participate in off the court activities – including a lecture from former University of Maryland head basketball coach Gary Williams – designed to emphasize the importance of education, financial literacy and hard work.
• Melrose (Memphis, TN) vs. St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD)
• Peak (Highland, UT) vs. Abraham Lincoln (Brooklyn, NY)
• Lake Central (St. John, IN) vs. Menomonee Falls (Menomonee Falls, WI)
• Price (Los Angeles, CA) vs. Patterson (Baltimore, MD)
• Roman Catholic (Philadelphia, PA) vs. Marquette University HS (Milwaukee, WI)
Price vs. Patterson will be broadcast on Fox Sports Net regional stations on Monday, January 16.
Players to watch:
• Menomonee Falls-JP Tokoto
• Lake Central- Glenn Robinson III
• St. Frances- DaQuan Cook
• Paterson- Aquille Carr
• Roman Catholic- Shep Garner
• Price- Skylar Spencer
• Lincoln- Isaiah Whitehead
• Marquette- Donnell Cegers
• Melrose- Markel Crawford
• Lone Peak- Nick Emery