Some quick notes from around the NBA…
• After some talk about the future for Dwyane Wade, it appears that he’ll sign a max extension on July 12. I understand when people point out that the Heat are aging, because they obviously are, but he can always ask for a trade or wriggle his way out of Miami.
• Nice free agent signing down in Phoenix. The Suns have apparently agreed to a two-year deal with Eric Piatkowski, a.k.a. The Polish Rifle. He should be able to step right in and knock down threes like Tim Thomas was doing.
• Eddie Griffin is questioning the motives behind the man who accused him of driving while masturbating. I’m pretty sure we can all guess what Griffin’s motive was. Allegedly, of course.
• Pops Mensah-Bonsu will be playing for the Dallas Mavericks’ summer league team. And check the note at the bottom of that link about Josh Powell‘s newborn daughter, named Patience.
• Loved reading through this story and seeing the name Allen Leavell. He was dope, as you old-school heds out there probably recognize.
• How much money various people in San Antonio make. Interesting that the writer didn’t list his salary. In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll admit it: I make $5 per post. Or not.