Injured Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid will have a second surgery on his right foot Tuesday and is expected to miss the upcoming season, sources told Yahoo Sports.
The No. 3 overall selection in the 2014 NBA draft missed his entire rookie season after having surgery in June 2014 to repair a stress fracture in the foot.
Embiid, 21, is expected to have a bone graft procedure similar to the foot surgery of Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant. The Sixers announced in July that Embiid needed a second surgery after a routine CT scan in June revealed less healing than anticipated.
Report: Joel Embiid Foot Surgery Set for Tuesday
- Mavericks Waive Kostas Antetokounmpo
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Tom Thibodeau’s Player Development a ‘Slap in the Face’
- Pacers Agree To Deal With Justin Holiday
- NBA Veteran Kosta Koufos To Become Highest Paid American In EuroLeague
- Magic Agree To Re-Sign Amile Jefferson On One-Year Deal
- Erik Spoelstra: ‘This is a Really Important Summer for Dion Waiters’
- SLAM 223 Is On Sale Now 🏆
- Cam Reynolds Agrees To Two-Way Deal With Bucks
- Tobias Harris: ‘We’re for Sure at the Top in the East’
- Nike Files Countersuit Against Kawhi Leonard
- Pacers Agree To Deal With Amida Brimah
- Shaquille Harrison, Bulls Agree To One-Year Deal
- Mike D’Antoni: Houston ‘One of the Favorites in the West, if Not the Favorite’
- Dwight Howard Thanks Kobe Bryant for Calling Him ‘Soft’
- Spencer Dinwiddie Says Kyrie Irving Discussed Joining Nets in December
- Thunder Could Keep Chris Paul For The 2019-20 Season.
- Shaquille O’Neal: ‘I Would Teach Those Guys How to Beat the Superteams’
- Suns, Cheick Diallo Agree To Deal