With the Finals set to tip off this Sunday evening, the WNBA announced the return of the Ref Cam that debuted at the All-Star Game in early June. These high-tech gadgets provide an in-depth picture of and unique angle to the game. More details below:
The Minnesota Lynx will take on the Atlanta Dream in the WNBA Finals 2013 Presented by Boost Mobile beginning Sunday, Oct. 6. The best-of-five series is a rematch of the 2011 championship in which the Lynx swept Atlanta in three games. It is the third straight season that Minnesota has advanced to the championship round, having won the title in 2011. Atlanta returns to the Finals for the third time in four years and is in search of its first franchise title.
All games will be accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to Gold members and on Apple TV to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.
• The return of the Ref Cam – a mini-camera providing a unique angle from the ref’s point-of-view.
• ESPN will continue to use special video shot by Selena Gomez performing her song “Like a Champion” on every telecast.
• Select players and the head coaches will wear live microphones during the games.
• Look-ins and mic’d players for an inside access to shootarounds.
• The Roving Floor (RF) camera will provide a unique on-court view, mainly during free-throw attempts.