Reservations are a normal part of many people’s lives. We make them to secure a dinner spot at a popular restaurant, to make sure we have a place to lay our heads on vacation, and for plenty of other situations. With that said, adidas recently unveiled an app that is going to change the way the sneakers are purchased. The app is called “Confirmed” and it’s the first-ever sneaker reservation app.
Let’s face it. The current method of copping hyped up sneakers has been less than ideal. Whispers of corruption in sneaker raffles and social media giveaways, hostility in long lines and campouts, and downright violence has marred the sneaker industry when it comes to buying the most exclusive of sneakers.
adidas’ hope is Confirmed will simply the process, even the playing field, and make the purchasing of hyped up sneakers safer and more organized. So how does the app work? A list of instructions can be read below, but essentially, Confirmed allows a user to sign-up and using geo-targeting technology, identifies the user’s area and notifies them of an upcoming limited release.
Currently available for download from the Apple app store and Google Play, Confirmed is going to be used to support what arguably is the most anticipated sneaker release of 2015, adi’s Kanye West collaboration as well as future exclusives.
· Download and install the app, registering with name, email, and zip code.
· Enable push notifications and location services on device.
· Receive push notification that will communicate when reservations are available in designated geographical zones.
· Reserve a pair of shoes by selecting size and confirming selection.
· Find out where and when to pick shoes up for purchase.
· Arrive at designated retail location during their designated window of time.
· Present app’s reservation confirmation to a store associate and complete purchase.