“I Was Marbury” is the tale of the former Knicks and Nets guard and the 2011-12 Beijing Ducks, the team he led to a championship (we were hoping the play would be called “The Shoot-First Point Guard”).
According to SI.com, “The play’s director, Zhou Wenhong, told Chinese media that the main theme of the play will be ‘never give up’ and will incorporate choreographed basketball moves with dance. Marbury, however, describes the play’s story in grander terms, saying in a press conference the play focuses on ‘Sino-US relations.'”
There’s more: Marbury will only appear occasionally and guests like former NBA players Yao Ming and Wang Zhizhi will show up on stage.
Stephon Marbury to Star in a Chinese Theatrical Play
- Damian Lillard: ‘What is the Challenge or the Fun’ in Joining a Superteam?
- Kevin Porter Jr ERUPTS for 40-Point Triple-Double in Seattle Pro-Am Return 🔥
- Nick Nurse: Pascal Siakam Has Got to Be ‘The Man’ for Toronto
- FOR THE FAMILY: Giannis Antetokounmpo and His Brothers Built the Nike Freak 1
- Minnesota Timberwolves Roster Count: 2019 Training Camp
- Brooklyn Nets Roster Count: 2019 Training Camp
- NBA Roster Counts: 2019 Training Camp
- Gordon Hayward is ‘Back to No Restrictions’
- PJ Tucker: ‘It’s Time for My Extension Right Now’
- De’Aaron Fox: ‘I Don’t Crave to Be in a Big Market’
- Scottie Pippen Talks Basketball in China, Signature Sneakers and More
- Lakers To Work Out Several Free Agent Big Men
- THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED: RJ Hampton Is Blazing His Own Trail to the NBA
- 2019 NBA Rookie Survey Results Revealed
- Jeremy Lin On Beijing Rumors: Nothing Is Official Until I Say Something
- Donovan Mitchell: ‘I Got Drafted Because of My Defense’
- SLAM Summer Classic, Vol 2 Was Legendary 🤯
- D-Wade Watches Bronny James & Zaire Wade’s DEBUT with Sierra Canyon!?