QUOTES OF THE DAY
“I don’t think he is, but it sure sounds good.” — Mike Brown, on whether new Cavs forward Dwyane Jones is really 6-11.
“It was one of the few positive [talks] we’ve ever had.” — Brendan Haywood, on his offseason meeting with Eddie Jordan.
“I’ve got a tough situation. I grew up in Cleveland, so I’m a Cleveland Indians fan. I lived in Minnesota a long time, so I’m a Minnesota Twin. But I’m also a Tiger. So I can go any way.” — Flip Saunders, covering his bases.
• If this guy makes the Nuggets, he might have the best-selling jersey in NBA history.
• Daniel Gibson’s nickname? Boobie.
• The Celtics can’t stop raving about Rajon Rondo, who scored 12 fourth quarter points against the Knicks. Unless this is a different Rajon Rondo than I saw play a lot the last few years for Kentucky, a word of advice for his opponents: Let him shoot jumpers!! Rondo makes Ben Wallace look like Jimmy Chitwood. (Also, the Knicks PA announcer called Luke Jackson “Luke Wilson.”)
• Our friends at K1X sent this along. Is he dunking on a 9-foot goal?
• The new, gangsta Rob Swift has people raving in Seattle.
• Can you believe they’re having injury problems in Indy? Who’s their trainer, Dr. Seuss?
• Sekou Smith has had it with travel. I’d hate to be sitting next to him on a flight, anyway.