Here is a preview for this summer’s Red Bull’s King of the Rock Tournament. For the first time ever, a national television audience will see basketball played on “The Rock” of Alcatraz Island, as CBS will air Red Bull King of the Rock on Saturday, May 19 at 2 pm ET/11 am PT. Hosted by All-Star guard Rajon Rondo, the tournament brings together 64 players from around the world on to the same yard that housed inmates more than 50 years ago. The one-on-one tournament was first played on Alcatraz in 2010, and is the only official sporting event ever held on the island. This year’s tournament includes players from 13 countries—United States, Canada, Spain, Germany, France, Lithuania, Slovenia, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Israel and Hong Kong. Players interested in competing should visit www.redbullusa.com/kingoftherock for more information.
Video: Red Bull King of the Rock
- Who Will Play For Team USA In The FIBA World Cup?
- Hawks Will Add Brandon Goodwin On Two-Way Deal
- NBA Opens Investigation On Tampering
- READY FOR THIS: Sophie Cunningham Has the Mamba Mentality ☄️
- Spurs Elevate RC Buford to CEO, Name Brian Wright GM
- Zion Williamson Announces He’s Signed with Jordan Brand
- SLAM Legend of the Week: Gary Payton 🔒
- Rockets Sign Ben McLemore
- John Wall Unlikely To Play During 2019-20 Season
- Tim Duncan To Join Spurs’ Coaching Staff
- RARE AIR: Kia Nurse Is Living Out Her Dream with Jordan Brand
- Wizards To Offer Bradley Beal Max Extension
- LaMelo Ball TORCHES Drew League with Unlimited Range! 🎯
- Chris Paul Exclusive Workout at CP3 Elite Camp in North Carolina! 🔥
- Trae Young Drops 31 Points in Drew League Debut! 🤯
- Kyree Walker Wants all the SMOKE! 💨 Dream Vision vs. Urban Elite!
- Lakers Claim Kostas Antetokounmpo Off Waivers
- ‘Gonna Look Like a Travel But It’s Not’: James Harden Working on New Move