Barely a month after having de-committed from the University of Michigan, five-star New Jersey guard Tyus Battle announced via Twitter today that he now plans to attend Syracuse next year. Syracuse was the first school he visited after re-opening his recruitment. The 6-6 rising senior is highly touted as a top-30 national prospect, much due to his remarkable perimeter touch. He now joins Matthew Moyer, a 6-8 small forward from Columbus (OH) as the second recruit to have pledge to the Orange in the Class of 2016.

More from Syracuse.com:

Tyus Battle, a top recruit in the Class of 2016, is headed to Syracuse, he said on Twitter on Monday morning.

 

Battle had previously said he would play at Michigan but re-opened his recruitment last month. He visited Syracuse just a few days later.

 

Battle is a 6-foot-6 guard from Edison, N.J. His dad, Gary Battle, said Tyus changed his mind about Michigan after returning home from his trip there and thinking about it for a few days. His mother had wondered about Michigan’s proximity to the family home in New Jersey.

 

And in Syracuse, Tyus Battle had been told he would be a playmaking guard.

 

“It’s a wonderful opportunity for Tyus,” Gary Battle said. “He’s going to have the opportunity to have the ball in his hands and make plays.”

 

Gary Battle said Syracuse would be his son’s college destination. There will be no more wavering.

 

“He’s sure,” Gary Battle said.