Since being released via the amnesty clause earlier this summer, Andray Blatche has been out of a job for a long time. The 26 year-old center, who averaged 8.5 points and 5.8 rebounds, and shot a career-low 38 percent in just 26 games last season, has even said he would be willing to play in the D-League if that’s what it took to get back to the pros. Well, Blatche should start sending out his thank you cards, because his second chance has arrived earlier than expected. On Wednesday night, Blatche and the Brooklyn Nets agreed to a one-year deal, paying him the veterans minimum. Via “On Wednesday, Yahoo Sports reported that Blatche and the Nets had ‘agreed in principle’ on a one-year contract for the veterans minimum, with the deal to go official ‘early next week.’ The New York Times reported later Wednesday that the deal was non-guaranteed. also reported that the two sides were ‘on course’ toward a deal in the coming days. Blatche, who has been in Texas working himself back into shape with longtime NBA coach John Lucas, reportedly met with the Nets over the weekend. Blatche, who just turned 26, brings with him significant baggage. The basement-dwelling Wizards paid him $23 million to not show up for work, and his time in Washington included multiple arrests, an incident in which he punched a teammate, spats with coaches, a long-term benching because he wasn’t in shape last season, and the infamous “Lapdance Tuesday” promotion. That said, the Nets do represent a fairly good fit. If Blatche is going to succeed in creating a second chapter for himself, it will need to come on a veteran-dominated, playoff-bound team where he can play a specific role as a productive reserve. No real pressure, no real responsibilities, no real expectations.”