Got this news from the folks at CharityBuzz and thought SLAM readers (or their wealthy parents) might enjoy…
“Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is auctioning off the ultimate basketball fan experience on charitybuzz.com to benefit The Skyhook Foundation. The highest bidder will be invited to join Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and four other basketball icons on April 19th in Las Vegas at Lagasse’s Stadium Sports Bar at the beautiful Palazzo Casino & Hotel. This is an exclusive invite and the winning bidder will be among a handful of those allowed to attend.
Bidding is open now through April 12th at: http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/205301?source=carousel
Five icons of basketball debate who was the greatest basketball team that ever played: Become a part of history as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (NBA’s All-Time Leading Scorer), Jerry West (GM Lakers), Bill Russell (11x Time NBA Champion Celtics), Marques Haynes (Harlem Globetrotters) & Jerry Reinsdorf (Owner Chicago Bulls), step up to the line and fight for their team!
This debate will be filmed and immortalized for the feature-length documentary, On the Shoulders of Giants.
This incredible auction package includes:
• Table for 4 on April 19th at Lagasse Stadium @ Palazzo Casino
• Appear in the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar film
• VIP Suite on April 18th at the Palazzo Casino & Hotel
• Lunch @ Emeril Lagasse Stadium Restaurant on 4/19
• VIP meet&greet with all 5 Basketball Icons
• VIP exclusive photo opportunity
• 2 show tickets per table to Phantom of the Opera or Jersey Boys w/ backstage Meet&Greet & photo opp
• VIP goody bag which includes: KAJ Signed Jersey & Signed HOF Laser Engraved Basketball, Signed KAJ Book, Signed Bill Russell Book, 5 signed 8 x 10 Photos (one from each basketball legend)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Skyhook Foundation believes that there are common attributes underlying academic and athletic excellence. The Skyhook Foundation’s B.E.S.T. (Building Education and Sports Together) program empowers children’s lives by harnessing these common attributes into a program that instills belief and confidence in its members.
Charitybuzz raises funds for nonprofits around the globe through incredible online auctions, including hundreds of once-in-a-lifetime sports experiences, giving its bidders exclusive opportunities to make a difference.”