“I think the argument is whether or not [Nikola Mirotic] is a better fit for that team. And if they decide that that is the case—obviously, playoff success goes into that, what happens in the next round and how far they go in this playoff—will factor in to whether or not they want to spend the $200 million on Boogie, who is obviously going to have other suitors attracted to him.
“No slight against the homie. I think he’s a very, very good player. But you just have to look at the team roster and try to figure out what’s best for that roster moving forward.
“And the other question mark will be: Does AD want him back? If AD wants him back, it doesn’t matter if he’s better for the team or not, that’s what’s going to happen because [Davis] is the franchise, and that team goes as he goes as we’ve seen these last 6 or 7 years.” […]
“I think team success, playoff success, factors in to decision-making with personnel moving forward. Obviously, Jrue Holiday, Rondo, AD will have input on what they decide to do going forward. So that’s something to keep an eye out on in the free agency.
“And if that is the case, Boogie would jump out in to the market as a free agent and be a very hot commodity, and could potentially team up with the Washington Wizards.
“You heard it here first. You heard that here first. You know that Kentucky connection, man. I could see that happening. That’s just something to think about going forward.”
CJ McCollum: DeMarcus Cousins-To-Wizards A Real Possibility
- Wizards Replace Jerseys, Wear Statement T-Shirts In Team Photo
- Tyrese Haliburton Expected to Miss Remainder of Regular Season Due to Knee Injury
- LeBron James to Miss Back-to-Back Matchups Against Clippers and Trail Blazers Games Due to Ankle Inj...
- WNBA’s Sabrina Ionescu Hopes to ‘Empower Younger Generation of Girls’
- Miles Bridges to Miss 10–14 Days Due to Health and Safety Protocols
- Scott Brooks Has High Praise for Wizards Star Russell Westbrook
- The Best Kept Secret: Why Kawhi Leonard and Other Elite Athletes are Choosing X2 Performance—The N...
- Draymond Green on Steph Curry: ‘Teams Are Terrified Of Him’
- Projected Lottery Pick Franz Wagner Declares For 2021 NBA Draft
- Carmelo Anthony Climbs to 10th on NBA’s All-Time Scoring List
- The Post Up: New York Knicks are Shining Brighter Than Ever
- Julius Randle and RJ Barrett are Bringing Toughness Back to MSG
- Is Collin Sexton a Starter, a Sixth Man, or a Scapegoat?
- Chris Paul’s Case for Laying Claim to 2021 NBA MVP Award
- Pacers Hand Thunder Worst Loss In Franchise History At 57 Points
- LaMelo Ball Looks Great Since Recovering From Wrist Injury
- Nuggets Continue To Have Success After Jamal Murray’s Season-Ending Injury
- Philadelphia 76ers to Sign Anthony Tolliver For Rest of the Season