Quantcast
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 at 12:51 am  |  22 responses

Source: Wilcox to Play for Pistons

While the announcment may not come for a week, sources are saying that former-Knick Chris Wilcox has agreed on a two-year deal with the Detroit Pistons. He will join a roster that includes two other high profile newcomers in Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. Wilcox’s signing probably means that Carlos Boozer will not be landing in Motown this summer.

  • Add a Comment
  • Share
  • RSS

Tags: , , , , ,

  • http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/.a/6a00d83451c3cb69e201156fbef83c970c-pi ENDS

    1st but for no reason at all

  • http://www.realcavsfans.com Anton

    *tumbleweed rolls by*

  • http://slamonline.com/ Tzvi Twersky

    Big deal bc it means baby and boozer are going elsewhere.

  • lawlow

    good pickup

  • underdog

    I wonder when will Rip claim a trade.

  • Pingback: Source: Wilcox to Play for Pistons | KocKat.info

  • tk

    He’ll b a solid back up for whoever we get next summer. If he doesn’t fit he would only have 1 yr left, thus he has a very tradeable contract.

  • Pingback: Chris Wilcox | All Days Long

  • Pingback: chris wilcox | Fooner

  • http://www.shawn-kemps-offspring.blogspot.com/ TADOne

    Wilcox has always been a beast when he has the desire and correct mindframe. However, those two things only make a collision course about 10 times a season.

  • http://www.boogiewilliams.com Boing Dynasty aka Free Lester Hudson

    Hi Tad, i cant look inside peoples eyes and measure their desire or mind frame as you seem to be able to. I thought maybe he was just inconsistant. Like 80% of the league only has 10 good games a year, the other 20% are All-Stars.

  • http://www.another48minutes.blogspot.com Gerard Himself

    TAD has a point though. With the Sonics Wilcox had some very good games (I say Sonics, because when they moved, he hardly got any playing time). Wilcox is a guy who can score 20 point and grab 8 boards one game, and be invisble the next. I like him though, and the D will do him good.

  • http://www.alllooksame.com Tarzan Cooper

    between weezy and maxiell, many many chumps will be victims of vicious boom sessions. im excited.

  • http://www.shawn-kemps-offspring.blogspot.com/ TADOne

    Boing: I’m not able to verify Wilcox and his will by looking into his eyes, i’m just going by his inconsistent effort and numbers from game to game. Wilcox is very talented, but has been dogged by coaches since his college days at Maryland for giving poor effort in games.

  • http://www.shawn-kemps-offspring.blogspot.com/ TADOne

    Let’s just call him “Tim Thomas with muscles”.

  • Tuomas

    TAD, it’s not like Thomas doesn’t have strength. It’s just that he gives even less of a f*ck. I do like this signing more than Gooden, and waaaay more than Big Baby. There’s still upside if he gets in the right mindset, and it’s not like this is a high-risk move. However, there’s still no D to speak of. Next year will be… interesting.

  • Tuomas

    And like Sawyer said on DBB, Wilcox has a lot to play for in Detroit. His value has taken a hit, and now he has to prove his worth if he wants more after these two seasons. If that’s not enough motivation, I quess the Thomas comparison is valid.

  • http://www.boogiewilliams.com Boing Dynasty aka Free Lester Hudson

    WIlcox wishes he had a quarter of the basketball skill that Tim Thomas has.

  • http://www.boogiewilliams.com Boing Dynasty aka Free Lester Hudson

    Also being inconsistant and lacking desire are not mutually inclusive. As a matter of fact the WHOLE D League is filled with terribly inconsistant players, most of who im sure have a whole lot of desire.

  • http://www.shawn-kemps-offspring.blogspot.com/ TADOne

    I wasn’t comparing Thomas and Wilcox basketball-skill wise, I was just comparing them as similiar in the effort they give from game to game. Tim Thomas is definitely way more skilled.

  • http://www.shawn-kemps-offspring.blogspot.com/ TADOne

    Honestly, Wilcox should have stayed in college at least one or two more years. Gary Williams is a great teacher.

  • Quail

    I still think the Jazz will end up with Big Baby in the end. And Wilcox has loads of potential. The only question is if he will try to use it to get better.

Advertisement