We’ve summarized what Oklahoma City Thunder fans can expect from their squad in terms of salary cap space this offseason. Below you’ll find lists of the players expected back on the roster, the team’s potential free agents and a number of insights about questions the franchise will face before the 2021 campaign.
In addition to a summary for each of the 30 teams (accessible in the link grid below), we’ve also tiered the top NBA free agents league-wide and published a general comparison of all teams’ cap space. Follow @SLAMnewswire on Twitter for constant offseason updates as we head into free agency.
Projected Roster Players
|Deonte Burton||$1,663,861||RFA, TO, Non-Guaranteed|
|Hamidou Diallo||$1,663,861||RFA, TO|
|Mike Muscala||$2,283,034||UFA, PO|
|Abdel Nader||$1,752,950||RFA, TO, Non-Guaranteed|
Projected Free Agents
|Norris Cole||$1,620,564||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Nick Collison||$1,620,564||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Jawun Evans||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Raymond Felton||$1,620,564||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Danilo Gallinari||$33,923,339||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Kevin Hervey||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – RFA|
|Nerlens Noel||$1,620,564||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Andre Roberson||$16,111,110||Cap Hold – UFA|
2020 NBA Draft Picks
|2020 Pick #25||$3,640,200|
|2020 Pick #53||No Cap Hold|
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception – $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception – $3,623,000
- Paul George Traded Player Exception – $10,389,997
- Jerami Grant Traded Player Exception – $9,346,153
Key Offseason Decisions
- All of Oklahoma City’s decisions this summer will be based around answering if they are rebuilding or not. If they are rebuilding, the Thunder could conceivably trade Chris Paul while taking far less money back. In that situation, it would make sense to move on from the bulk of their free agents and to prioritize having cap space.
- As far as actual decisions go, it is probable that Mike Muscala will opt in for $2.3M. The team options for Deonte Burton, Hamidou Diallo and Abdel Nader are all likely to be exercised as well.
Projected Team Salary
If the Thunder move Chris Paul in a trade, they’re signalling a rebuild is kicking off. You could argue they’ve already done that by moving from Billy Donovan as head coach. That decision will guide the rest of the offseason. Move Paul, and OKC can open a good deal of cap space. That will allow them to take on some bad many in trades to add to an already overflowing treasure chest of draft picks. (@KeithSmithNBA)
Cap Space Forecast
-$59,380,949 (27th out of 30). $31,046,127 under the Luxury Tax.