We’ve summarized what Sacramento Kings fans can expect from their squad in terms of salary cap space this offseason. Below you’ll find lists of the players expected back on the roster, the team’s potential free agents and a number of insights about questions the franchise will face before the 2021 campaign.
In addition to a summary for each of the 30 teams (accessible in the link grid below), we’ve also tiered the top NBA free agents league-wide and published a general comparison of all teams’ cap space. Follow @SLAMnewswire on Twitter for constant offseason updates as we head into free agency.
Projected Roster Players
|Marvin Bagley III||$8,963,640||Guaranteed|
|Kyle Guy||Two-Way||Year Two 2W|
|Jabari Parker||$6,500,000||UFA, PO|
Projected Free Agents
|Kent Bazemore||$28,904,493||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Bogdan Bogdanovic||$16,205,883||Cap Hold – RFA|
|Corey Brewer||$1,620,564||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Yogi Ferrell||$4,095,000||Cap Hold – UFA|
|Harry Giles||$3,976,510||Cap Hold – UFA|
|DaQuan Jeffries||$1,445,697||Cap Hold – RFA, 2W|
|Alex Len||$5,408,000||Cap Hold – UFA|
2020 NBA Draft Picks
|2020 Pick #12||$3,831,840|
|2020 Pick #35||No Cap Hold|
|2020 Pick #43||No Cap Hold|
|2020 Pick #52||No Cap Hold|
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception – $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception – $3,623,000
Key Offseason Decisions
- Can Sacramento re-sign Bogdan Bogdanovic before a team forces them to match an offer sheet? Bogdanovic is one of the few restricted free agents who could fetch a large offer sheet this summer. He fits with all of the teams that have cap space.
- Will the Kings be able to retain Harry Giles when they are maxed out at paying him $3.9M? Because Sacramento declined their rookie scale option for Giles, they can’t pay him more than the amount of his declined option. There aren’t many young centers available that have his upside. This could be a losing battle for the Kings.
- Is De’Aaron Fox worthy of a max contract extension? A max deal, or really, really close to one, is probably the only thing Fox signs. If Sacramento has any doubt that he’s worthy of it, this will drag into restricted free agency in 2021.
Projected Team Salary
Sacramento feels like they are perpetually in the same place: Nice pieces, but never actually moving forward. They locked into Buddy Hield and Harrison Barnes last summer. De’Aaron Fox is eligible for an extension, but likely only signs for the max. The Kings are going to have to pay up to keep Bogdan Bogdanovic too. It feels like more of the same for Sacramento. (@KeithSmithNBA)
Cap Space Forecast
-$53,332,261 (25th out of 30). $29,460,857 under the Luxury Tax.